Department of information sciences, HEALTH RECORDS & SYSTEMS
Goldmine of Knowledge and Innovation
Welcome to the Department of Information Sciences, Health Records and Systems.
“The university continues to show its commitment to serve the society through establishment necessary units and infrastructure to facilitate the delivery of need-based and market driven programmes”
The department of Information Science, Health Records and systems is one of the two department in the school of Information, Communication and Media Studies. The department came to existence in 2022 to serve the growing need to strengthen information that drives evidence-based decision by professionals to adequately respond to societal needs through research, innovation and use of technology
Mission and vision
A school that fosters Science, Technology and Innovation for Socio- Economic development.
To develop critical awareness of the rise of network society and the enormous influence information technologies have on consumer culture and emerging knowledge economy.
- To re-skill students for present day information economy.
- To bring awareness of the rising intricacies of networked society.
- To acquire practical skills in computer networking and digital communication.
- To acquaint the students with principles of management of information systems and services.
- Certificate in Library and Information Studies
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Diploma in Media and Journalism with IT
- Diploma in Library and Information Studies
- Bachelor of Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Health Records and Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Systems Management
- Masters of Science in Health Informatics
- Masters of Science in Information Technology
Got something to say or enquire,please contact us
P.O BOX 103-40404
Email & Phone