Department of information sciences, HEALTH RECORDS & SYSTEMS
Goldmine of Knowledge and Innovation
Welcome to the Department of Information Sciences, Health Records and Systems.
The department and University at large continue to show commitment to serving its community of students by guiding and supporting their vision to change society. Through our visionary faculty members, the department fosters an environment conducive to academic and research experiences that are geared toward innovative technologies, incubation, and knowledge transfer.
We are one of the two departments in the School of Information, Communication, and Media Studies. The department endeavors to meet the growing need to strengthen evidence-based decisions required to revolutionize work cultures and organizational practices in order to address emerging issues locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Further, to produce productive graduates, the department prides itself on having a skilled, knowledgeable, and capable workforce that provides exceptional administrative and academic services. In Particular, the faculty members are affiliated with a wide range of relevant disciplines, professional bodies, and industries necessary in linking theory to practice.
Mission and vision
A department that fosters Science, Technology, and Innovation for human well-being and socio-economic development.
Producer of industrious system thinkers in the Information based economy.
- To advance students’ resiliency in the information economy.
- To co-create innovation toward desired systemic societal change
- To create enabling environment for individual well-being and economic growth
- Certificate in Library and Information Studies
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Diploma in Media and Journalism with IT
- Diploma in Library and Information Studies
- Bachelor of Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Health Records and Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Systems Management
- Masters of Science in Health Informatics
- Masters of Science in Information Technology
Got something to say or enquire,please contact us
P.O BOX 103-40404
Email & Phone