Department of information science and informatics
Goldmine of Knowledge and Innovation
Welcome to the Department of Information Science and Informatics. The main aim of our department is to provide a holistic teaching and learning in the domains of Informatics, Information science and Health Systems and Records management in quest of churning out professionals of international quality. We therefore welcome you, to explore our department for the aforementioned exciting academic career programs that will sculpture you to be a fully-fledged Informaticist, information scientist and health informatics graduate.
Purpose to become an integral part of this highly competitive and futuristic disciplines by enrolling for one of our exciting degree programmes. Become an informaticist, information specialist, knowledge manager and health Informaticist.
We have dedicated staff who are also very active researchers publishing widely in international and locally accredited peer reviewed journals hence keeping abreast with new developments in their respective specialised fields of study.
Mission and vision
A school that fosters Science, Technology and Innovation for Socio- Economic development.
To develop critical awareness of the rise of network society and the enormous influence information technologies have on consumer culture and emerging knowledge economy.
- To re-skill students for present day information economy.
- To bring awareness of the rising intricacies of networked society.
- To acquire practical skills in computer networking and digital communication.
- To acquaint the students with principles of management of information systems and services.
- Certificate in Library and Information Studies
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Diploma in Media and Journalism with IT
- Diploma in Library and Information Studies
- Bachelor of Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Informatics
- Bachelor of Science in Health Records and Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Systems Management
- Masters of Science in Health Informatics
- Masters of Science in Information Technology
Got something to say or enquire,please contact us
P.O BOX 103-40404
Email & Phone