Department of Communication, Media and journalism
Goldime of knowlege and innovation
Welcome to the department of Communication, Journalism and Media Studies .The department of Communication, Journalism and Media studies aims to prepare students for a variety of careers such as journalism, broadcasting, advertising and public relations through innovative and practically oriented pedagogy. Through its academic programmes, the department trains students to be journalists and media personnel with journalistic basics such as reporting, writing, editing and advanced media analysis so that they can create media, interpret the all-present media messages and understand the ways that media can affect individuals and nations through television, radio, cinema, internet, newspapers and magazines. The department endeavours to produce graduates who possess communicative competence and expertise that will be useful in media houses, non-governmental organizations, educational institutions, business enterprises and public relations firms.
The department of Communication and Journalism has highly qualified and committed staff. The academic members of staff are seasoned researchers whose works have been published widely in international and locally accredited peer reviewed journals ; a testimony of their competence in their respective specialised fields of study .
Mission and vision
To build competencies for Communication, Media and Journalism Professionals as a resource for development in the region and across the globe
- To re-skill students for present day information economy.
- To bring awareness of the rising intricacies of networked society.
- To acquire practical skills in computer networking and digital communication.
- To acquaint the students with principles of management of information systems and services.
- Diploma in Media and Journalism with IT
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Bachelor of Science in Communication and Media Studies ( with specialization in Journalism OR Public Relations)
- Masters in Media and Security Studies
- Masters of Science in Communication Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Communication Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Media and Security Studies
Got something to say or enquire,please contact us
P.O BOX 103-40404
Email & Phone