Mr. Enock Mac’Ouma is an academic with vast experience in research and teaching. He is a lecturer of communication and specializes in communication for social change, communication for development and media studies. His other areas of experience include linkages, partnerships and collaborations at local and global levels. He is an avid grant writer for collaborative research and rural development.
He has a Masters Degree in Communications Studies, a Bachelor of Arts degree in Education, A Diploma in Education, Humanities and a Certificate in Research and Evaluation in the NGO Sector, delivered by the Human Rights Education Associates – HREA, Netherlands.
Mr. Mac’Ouma is a member of the following professional associations: the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK), Communication for Development Network (C4D
Network), European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR), Global Forum for Agricultural Research (GFAR) and the Public Communication of Science and Technology Network (PCST Network)
2. Research interest:
His research interests are in the following areas:
(i) development communication and communication for social change;
(ii) community radio and community media for development and social change; (iii) climate change communication;
(iv) Communication Theory.
3. Ongoing research projects:
Currently he is involved in the research projects listed below: a) PI of a project titled “seeking stakeholder views on programming for Rongo University FM radio station” funded by Rongo University research grant; b) Co-PI of an international collaborative research project titled “Stories of modern day slavery from Migori County, Kenya – Empowering voices and sharing knowledge for change through community media”, funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council of UK.
1. Enock Mac’Ouma, Henry Kinya, Mohochi Sangai and John Oluoch: A Contextual Analysis of Community Radio Programming and Peace Promotion in Political Campaigns in Kenya: A Case of Migori County. Journal of New Media and Mass Communication. ISSN 2224-3267 (Paper) ISSN 2224-3275 (Online).
Vol.66, 2018. pp 25-32
2. Enock Mac’Ouma: Community Radio: An Entertainment Factory or Catalyst for Development, Food and Nutrition Security? : International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology: ISSN: 2313-3759 Vol. 5 No. 3: March 2018.
3. Peter Day & Enock Mac’Ouma: Community Media for Kenya (CM4K) and the Sustainable Development Goals: A review of milestones and opportunities.
International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology. ISSN: 2313-3759 Vol. 5 No. 3; March 2018. pp 52-66
4. Enock Mac’Ouma: Community radio’s strategies for promoting peaceful political campaigns in Migori County, Kenya. ACCEPTED for publication: African Journal of Media and Communication Studies: ISSN: 2518-0320 (Online)
List of journal articles:
How Muslims Can Help Counter Violent Extremism in Kenya